Sunday, October 4, 2009

Chart libraries

I have used Zedgraph to display two-dimensional graphs in my .NET developed software. I have been pretty pleased with Zedgraph, the API has been easy to use and the library has been powerful enough for my needs. Zedgraph is licensed under LGPL, which I also appreciate. My main concern has been problems with drawing dash-dotted lines; in the default zoom view the dashes and dots have hardly been visible.
The last two years, not much has happened with Zedgraph though. It is therefore interesting to note that there now seems to be a Microsoft alternative, Microsoft Chart Controls for the .NET Framework. At first glance the Chart Controls library appears very comprehensive. I will investigate whether it is also as easy to use as Zedgraph.

No comments:

Post a Comment